Although the majority of our services are located at our clinics in Joondalup and Guildford, there are some occasions when school based services are possible. This can occur when a school is interested in providing OT services to multiple children at the school.
The school based services offered by Step One OT vary widely across different schools. Examples of services currently offered include:
- Individual screening of children in Kindy, Pre Primary or Year 1. A screening assessment can be administered in 30 minutes. The screen addresses postural control, sensory motor skills, fine motor skills, visual perception and attention.
Upon completion of screening, results will be collated and provided to the school including recommendations for each child.
- Individual OT sessions following an assessment or screen to identify goals.
- Group OT sessions – children are grouped according to their age and goals. This allows activities to be chosen specifically to address each child’s needs.
- Teacher professional development sessions – Sessions are tailored according to the needs of the teachers who will be attending the PD. We try to incorporate practical strategies that can be implemented in the classroom.
- Classroom visits or attendance at a team meeting. This service is available for clients who have been attending OT sessions at either our Joondalup or Guildford clinics. If you are interested in this service please speak to your child’s OT.
If you are interested in OT services at your school please contact us on 9300 3544 to discuss the school’s needs. Please note that travel charges may apply depending on the type of service offered.